Joining the Society
Membership of the ASDP is open to doctors from across Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia with an interest in providing integrated care and support for children with neurodevelopmental and behavioural conditions and their families. The Society includes paediatricians, paediatric neurologists, psychiatrists, general practitioners, career medical officers and specialist paediatric trainees.
The Society helps clinicians to collaborate efficiently and effectively across a range of activities to meet the aims and objectives in the NBPSA Constitution .
Applications to join the Society are lodged online. To complete an application, you will need to provide:
- personal contact details
- professional details, qualifications and current employment information
- an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (to be uploaded with the application form)
- a nominator and seconder from two current ASDP members*
- a declaration agreeing to abide by the Aims and Objectives of the Society.
* If you need assistance with nominators please contact us when you submit your application and we can help with options.
The ASDP is a GST registered entity (applicable to Australian residents).
Payment is not required until an application has been considered and approved.
Once your application is approved an invoice and payment details will be sent to your email address.
Please review the available membership categories to select the one that best fits your qualifications and experience.
- Paediatricians holding Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Other medical practitioners registered in Australia or Aotearoa New Zealand, including general practitioners and career medical officers practicing in, or with significant professional experience in, NDB paediatric practice, as determined by the Board
- Child and adolescent psychiatry Fellows of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP)
- Doctors who are in RACP training programs for specialist qualifications in general paediatrics, Community Child Health or RANZCP training for child and adolescent psychiatry, or other specialist training programs with significant NDB paediatric practice scope, as determined by the Board
- International/Associate Membership – conferred by the Board on a person who does not qualify for Ordinary Membership who is deemed to hold equivalent qualification or who practices in a discipline related to NDB paediatrics
The NBPSA Constitution provides further information
Application Fee (includes first year subscription)
Ordinary or International/Associate member: $550 + GST*
Trainee member: $170 + GST*
Annual Subscription Fee
Ordinary or International/Associate member: $300 + GST*
Trainee member: $120 + GST*
Membership applications may take up to five weeks to process from the time the completed application is received. You can contact us if you would like to find out about the progress of your application.
Membership fees will be payable once applications have been considered.
* GST is only applicable for Australian residents.